[GTALUG] email client with autocorrect?

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 07:51:48 EDT 2016

On 2016-10-27 11:06 AM, Myles Braithwaite 👾 wrote:

> You should checkout [Markdown Here](http://markdown-here.com/)

Thanks; I've been using it for a couple of years. It's great if you only
compose in text only mode. Using it in styled mode is hit-or-miss, and
if you ever have to pasted text styled in another application, it can
get very messy and broken.

Although I use Markdown a lot, I do feel that it's oversold as a
near-universal editing solution. It's hardly a rich editing experience;
visible control codes are a mid-80s WordStar level of friendly. It also
has some glaring gaps, like a complete inability to define internal
hyperlinks without resorting to raw HTML. Any attempt to standardize the
myriad flavours usually results in (myriad+1) flavours and grumpiness
from Gruber.

cheers,
 Stewart