[GTALUG] little PCs for internet gateways

John Sellens jsellens at syonex.com
Tue Oct 25 18:04:58 EDT 2016

On Tue, 2016/10/25 05:47:02PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
| By gateway, I mean router/firewall/whatever box that sits between your
| LAN and the internet.

| I've chosen to use two different Zotac Zbox tiny PCs.
| - the CI321 is a fanless box with two ethernet ports (two is the
|   minimum for a pleasant router).
| - the RI323 has a fan and two ethernet ports.  It is more
|   fully-featured and I got it cheap.  It even has two 2.5" drive bays.

Thanks for the pointer - those are interesting.

You might want to look at the pfsense/netgate boxes e.g.
the "SG-1000 microFirewall Security Appliance" for $149USD
http://store.netgate.com/SG-1000.aspx

And of course I might recommend pfsense on the Zotec boxes.

Hope that's helpful to someone - cheers!

John