[GTALUG] FPD-Link adapter kits -Success - two out of three LCDs recycled

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 09:53:02 EDT 2016

Last top post on this thread.

The first working LCD was an LG recycled from a Toshiba. That laptop needed
the MB video chip to be refloated  Thanks to Peter who let me have it for
tinkering. I never got around to refloating it but the LCD is working ok.
The next one was a 15 in LCD from an older Toshiba where I was trying to
override the MP Bios bug. This LCD is Chungwei and worked with the supplied
cable.

Apparently there is a kernel setting setting which would allow me to
correctly overrid ACPI and set the DSDT. Have yet to try that on the other
Toshiba from Peter. It's stripped and boots SoaS. It's the only laptop
which runs on ac without the battery being installed.

The third Laptop was HP. While the LVDS pairs appear to be the same the
cable connector is a locking version and it appears that the pin offset,
which ensures the cable  orientation, is not present. I'm not able to find
a data sheet for it so I'm not going to try until I can get it under a
magnifying glass. The pcb is fastened to the screen in a manner which makes
it difficult to view the connection end on.

>From my reading and limited testing it looks like this setup is generic
enough to handle 17in and smaller LCDs. I'm not yet used to Raspbian but
I'm going to use the adapter on a PC and tinker with audio. The adapter has
headphone output but HDMI audio would be nice.

<snipped oldest>
Russell
Sent from mobile.