[GTALUG] Hiring Someone to do a Custom Ubuntu Spins

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:30:09 EDT 2016

Umm, I'm top posting this because I think there is some misunderstanding
about the nature of the original post.

This is a contract offer for tender. While most of us do lots of different
things related to Linux and roll our own solutions, the OP is looking for a
special skill set they don't seem to have in house, so to speak.

Having done a Red Hat net kick-start floppy, through peek and poke, some
sixteen years ago, I know the basics can be done fairly simply.

I believe the OP is looking for someone to write scripts to handle the
installation of special partitioning and specialized hardware and software.

Python / Pearl and HW troubleshooting knowledge would come in handy for
hardening a commercial product like the one described.

Since this is an appliance, the biggest obstacle I see is the appliance
form factor uniformity. You don't want the ISO installer to choke on a
slight firmware or other issue.

Russell
Sent from mobile.