[GTALUG] email client with autocorrect?

Myles Braithwaite me at mylesbraithwaite.com
Sat Oct 8 14:46:21 EDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 8:54 AM, Matt Price via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> Does anyone use an email client that has decent autocorrect? I am a terrible
> typist who makes many similar mistakes over and over. In thunderbird,
> correcting my errors takes about 30-50% of my total message composition
> time. I know there are reasons to hate autocorrect, but in my case it's a
> big timesaver. Any suggestions?

I am also a trrible typist and on top of it a horrible speller. There
was a great plugin for Thunderbird[0] but i hasn't been updated since
31. So now I just have the *Check spelling before sending* option
checked. It should be in Options -> Composition -> Spelling.

On a somewhat related note there are also some good command line
utilities I like to use:

* Bash's Shopt cdspell[1] will fix mistakes like `cd /etc/psotfix`
automagically.
* thefuck[1] correct the previous command like `aptget install python`
to `apt-get install python`.

[0]: <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/mms-auto-correct/>
[1]: <https://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/html_node/The-Shopt-Builtin.html#The-Shopt-Builtin>
[2]: <https://github.com/nvbn/thefuck>