[GTALUG] FPD-Link adapter kits -Update

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:54:13 EDT 2016

On Aug 24, 2016 10:46 AM, "Russell Reiter" <rreiter91 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2016 10:52 AM, "D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk" <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> > | From: Russell Reiter via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
> >
> > | Has anyone tried out the LCD adapter kits like this one on ebay.
<snip previous>

I went with this product as it has a number of signal inputs. Also
available on the net is a usb EPROM flash tool, but I'm hoping to
override/modify EDID data in X in order to test several closely related
LCDs with the same cable.

M.NT68676.2A(HDMI+DVI+VGA+Audio) LCD/LED Screen Controller Board Diy
Monitor Kit

The cost was $61, and some change. It took about six weeks to ship. I got
the full kit with power adapter rather than trying to recycle the PS and
backlight inverter from the tickle trunk.

Time to dig out the multimeter.

The general instructions are to power test the inverter first, then test
that the cable ground from screen to adapter is correct.

Here's a shot of the package contents as delivered to my standard apartment
sized mailbox.

Very nice braid on the FPDL cable, I couldn't do that without a lot of
practice. There is no spec sheet with the package so I'm going to turn to
the net to figure out the EDID pairs.

Success or failure some time soon, but It wouldn't be the the first time I
toasted my pet project.

Russell
Sent from mobile.