[GTALUG] Going to FSOSS 2016... route question

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Oct 3 13:34:17 EDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 02, 2016 at 09:23:48PM -0400, William Park via talk wrote:
> I'm thinking about taking public transit to FSOSS2016.  I can get to
> Go Union Station easy.  From there, Trip planner says
>     - Union -> University Subway line -> Downsview -> York U
>     - Union -> Yonge Subway line -> Finch -> York U
>
> For those living (and taking TTC) in Toronto, which route is least
> crowded during morning/afternoon rush hours?

Well during rush hour, the viva orange runs from downsview to york
univerisity, and TTC fare (pass or transfer) is valid for that trip.
Not sure how the return trip would work unless you have a TTC pass since
they wouldn't sell you a TTC ticket and transfer of course (the viva
bus doesn't sell fares at all after all).  I think the TTC 196 rocket
runs a similar connection and seems to be more frequent.  Probably
simpler.

I can't imagine trying to go over from the yonge side would make any
sense unless the 60 express to york makes better progress that I could
imagine doing on steeles during rush hour.

--
Len Sorensen