[GTALUG] Experience Upgrading From Fedora 24 to Fedora 25

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com
Thu Nov 24 19:12:49 EST 2016

Hello All,

I've been using Fedora for a few years on my primary workstation, though
I use Debian (stable) for servers. Whenever Fedora released a new major
version, I'd do a fresh install, which based on past experience with
attempts to upgrade in place was the best way.

I just followed the directions here
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DNF_system_upgrade> to upgrade from 24
to 25. Within 20 minutes, I had a flawlessly working system. I'm very
impressed.

Hardware specs, in case you're wondering, are as follows.

ASUS P755D with Intel i5-750 CPU, 16GB RAM

/boot, /, and swap on a 120GB Samsung 750 EVO SSD
/home on a 960GB SanDisk SSD
/data on an 8TB Western Digital Red HDD

nVidia 960GT video card (using nouveau driver)

--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay

+ 1 647-778-8696