[GTALUG] Need help with DNS Nameservers

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso at utoronto.ca
Thu Nov 3 15:51:04 EDT 2016

On 02/11/16 17:35, David Mason via talk wrote:
> I have a domain for my family email (and other things) mason-rose.ca
<snip>
> So, first and foremost, I need DNS Servers that can host the DNS records.
>
> Any insight/help appreciated.

I'd consider two options:

1. Do it yourself, which has minimal cost of using your DNS registrar's
nameservers, and wherever you run your SMTP server (free if you do it at
home), or cheap on the usual linode/digitalocean/vultr hosting options.

2. Use a dedicated service like fastmail. Wash your hands of dealing
with email forever.

I haven't used the latter, but anyone I know who does is unequivocally
positive about their service.

Cheers, Jamon