[GTALUG] Network down after reboot

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Tue May 31 21:15:58 EDT 2016

On 16-05-31 09:10 AM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Well it will if the config is in /etc/network/interfaces AND that file
> says 'auto eth0' on one of the lines.
>
> That's how debian has done it for over a decade now.

My Linux Mint 17.2 machine running MATE desktop used to bring up the network
automatically after waking up from sleep or hibernate mode. I now find that
sometimes the network will start up again and sometimes it won't. ifup and
ifdown wouldn't work. I used to reboot the machine to get the network back
up. I've since found "killall -9 NetworkManager" fixes the problem. It is an
annoyance.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.