[GTALUG] Used computers

Tim Tisdall tisdall at gmail.com
Tue May 31 12:21:54 EDT 2016

On 31 May 2016 at 12:06, Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org> wrote:

> It depends on intended use. If it's to run a specific Windows-specific app, that will limits option. But if the intent is mainly browsing and web-based stuff, and you're uncle isn't into geek, I strongly suggest a Chromebook. Current tech, dead simple, inexpensive and (if you pick the right model) soon able to run android apps.

Yeah, it's mostly for checking email, but it may also get used for
Skype and possibly other things.  I was intending to put Linux but
he's most familiar with Windows and I'm not sure his willingness to
learn something new.

The old computer is a desktop, so I don't think there's any concern
either way about form factor.