[GTALUG] Network down after reboot

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane at gmail.com
Tue May 31 01:14:56 EDT 2016

<snip>
> However, I have a partial solution - I ran an "ifup eth0", and I have
> a network again.  What I wonder now is why isn't that happening when I
> boot up?

Hi William,

Try sudo vim /etc/network/interfaces, then add auto in front of eth0
if it is not already there.

Mine look's like this:

aruna at debian:~$ cat /etc/network/interfaces

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

Or you can add the command ifup eth0 to your rc.local file at /etc/rc.local

Aruna