[GTALUG] Network down after reboot

El Fontanero el.fontanero at gmail.com
Tue May 31 00:29:47 EDT 2016

On 31/05/16 12:25 AM, William Witteman wrote:

> On 31 May 2016 12:08 a.m., "El Fontanero" <el.fontanero at gmail.com
> <mailto:el.fontanero at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > On 30/05/16 11:38 PM, William Witteman wrote:
> > >
> > > I haven't changed /etc/network/interfaces in forever, but ifconfig -a
> > > shows that eth0 is not being configured, and if down eth0 confirms it.
> > >

> > Check   /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules  against your eth0's
> > MAC address
> >
> > Half a dozen times bitten...
>
> Thanks for the tip.  Sadly, the MAC address is in there correctly.

Do you have a fairly explicit setup in /etc/network/interfaces, or did
the helpful-but-rather-secretive Gnome Network Mangler offer to do
everything?  I tend to set up wired Ethernet explicitly, but let Gnome
or whatever have its way with a wireless interface, if applicable...  At
least it stays out of the way if you have specified a system-wide
network setup.

Mike