[GTALUG] Printing Problem - Can't find printer

Stephen stephen-d at rogers.com
Fri May 27 18:22:01 EDT 2016

On 16-05-27 06:07 PM, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> On 16-05-27 01:51 PM, Stephen wrote:
>> I don't see where to set the Device URI. I am looking in the CUPS web
>> interface to set/modify a printer.
>
> In Linux Mint 17.2 use the system menus and select System ->
> Administration -> Printers. You then right click icon for the printer in
> question, and select Properties. The Device URI will be on the dialog
> box that pops up under the Settings section.

I am using Gnome, not Mint.

My menu goes Applications > System Settings > Printers

I click on the Printers icon and see basic read only values.

The IP Address is given as localhost.  :(

I went back to the CUPS admin web interface and confirmed that CUPS has
the printer IP as 192.168.0.20:515

--
Stephen