[GTALUG] FF 46 Locking Ubuntu 14.04

Stephen stephen-d at rogers.com
Tue May 17 10:19:07 EDT 2016

I posted this on the Ubuntu forums. Just got one reply, from someone
experiencing the same problem. I am hoping someone here can offer some
advice:

Prior to the latest update (within last week) I was getting FF crashing
on some web sites. My best guess is that the sites had lots of javascript.

Now, after the update, I am getting FF locking up my desktop. I need to
do a soft reset to get going again. Very much no fun.

CPU is Intel i5, 64 bit, 16 GB ram CPU temperature app shows good numbers.

I run the Gnome shell.

I use the machine as a LAMP and SAMBA server.

I have never had trouble like this before.

Suggestions and advise requested.

Thanks

--
Stephen