[GTALUG] [GTALUG-Announce] Meeting on Tuesday at 7:30pm

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 5 19:16:54 EDT 2016

On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 06:22:12PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> We've had some issues with handling email coming from Yahoo! that seems
> to relate to some anti-spam mechanisms.
>
> I am aware of colleagues that used to use Yahoo! for their mail that have
> switched
> to other mail services as consequence of (seeming relevant) changes in DMARC
> policies.
>
> A relevant pointer: <
> http://postgresql.nabble.com/New-email-address-td5874833.html>
>
> Now, what I'd been hearing was *last* year's news.  After the dust clouds
> have
> settled a bit, what's up these days with "Yahoo vs mailing lists?"

Well yahoo pretty much says "Fuck up your mailing list settings
or don't allow @yahoo.com users to post to your list anymore":
https://yahoomail.tumblr.com/post/82426900353/yahoo-dmarc-policy-change-what-should-senders

They want the mailing list to set the From field to be the mailing list
rather than the actual sender.

I guess they have decided technical users who are posting on mailing
lists don't use @yahoo.com anyhow, so they don't care.  Or at least not
enough of them do for it to be important.

--
Len Sorensen