[GTALUG] [Ddvorski at conestogac.on.ca: invitation -- Software Carpentry: Conestoga College (April 2 and 3)]

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 30 23:13:56 UTC 2016

Since I haven't seen any post about this... FYI.
--
William

----- Forwarded message from Dalibor Dvorski <Ddvorski at conestogac.on.ca> -----

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 15:01:57 +0000
From: Dalibor Dvorski <Ddvorski at conestogac.on.ca>
Subject: invitation -- Software Carpentry: Conestoga College (April 2 and 3)
To: Dalibor Dvorski <Ddvorski at conestogac.on.ca>

Dear all, I extend an invitation for you to attend Software Carpentry: Conestoga College on Saturday, April 2 and Sunday, April 3 at the college's Doon campus in Kitchener.

This collaborative workshop between the college, SHARCNET, Compute Ontario, and Compute Canada will feature introductory courses in the Unix shell, version control with Git, programming with Python, and managing data with SQL.

The workshop is free to attend but does require registration.  For more information, and to register for a free ticket, please visit:

http://ppomorsk.github.io/2016-04-02-conestoga/

Attendees will be provided with free Tim Hortons coffee and Tim Bits, and there will be draws for two Raspberry Pi computers, two $20 Conestoga Bookstore giftcards, and two $20 Chartwells lunch cards throughout the two days of courses!

If interested, I encourage you to immediately register for a free ticket.  Last month when we organized a similar event in high performance computing, tickets were 'sold out' 40 hours after invitations were sent out.

Thanks all, very much looking forward to seeing you again at another exciting workshop at the college!

Dalibor Dvorski
Lecturer and Academic Coordinator, School of Engineering and Information Technology
Site Leader, SHARCNET @ Conestoga
Founding Member, Robotics Innovation Group (RIG)
Skills Canada: SCNC Chair and Skills Ontario: OTSC Chair
Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning

--

----- End forwarded message -----