[GTALUG] SCO vs IBM: 13-year-old Linux dispute returns as SCO files new appeal- The Inquirer

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 15:39:20 UTC 2016

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2452793/sco-vs-ibm-13-year-old-linux-dispute-returns-as-sco-files-new-appeal

> Oh come on. Enough already.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

Somebody's bankrolling this. These lawyers aren't cheap. My bet is by the
time that it hits the Supreme Court, some of the lawyers will be with new
firms or the US government itself and will have argued both sides of the
issue.

If this piece of FUD can be kept legally alive, there lies in the future,
the possibility that a government, for reasons of national security, will
find that there is an owner of open source or parts thereof.

Sent from mobile.