[GTALUG] Debian user[add|del] and [add|del]user

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.avery.frey at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:19:49 UTC 2016

In Debian useradd and userdel are low level utilities and their man pages
recommend that administrators use adduser and deluser.

I've found a way to differentiate between the low level utilities and the
recommended ones.

The low level utilities use "Latin" order where the verb component comes
after the object and the recommended commands the other way around.

So the recommended commands' syllables' order matches that of our everyday
language while the low level utilities' syllables' order matches that of a
"dead" language.