[GTALUG] One of the First Computer TV shows from the 80s.

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Mar 28 18:27:58 UTC 2016

| From: Ian Garmaise <ian.g at phorixsol.com>

| When I was at Logo Computer Systems in Montreal,

Now there was (is?) an interesting company.

I think Papert was involved. (One of the inventors of Logo).  In fact,
I inferred that several MIT folks were involved.

They manage to implement a very nice logo on several 8-bit machines.
We had a Logo cartridge for our Atari 800xl.  But they did apple and
(duh) c64 too.

Their logo on the Atari 800xl was much nicer than the Digital Research
logo on the Atari ST (a much more powerful machine).

They went on to create Microworlds.  The system programming language
used internally was Logo (not exposed to the users).  After all, Logo
at its heart has a lisp spirit, so it is quite capable (with their
extra primitives).

For a U of T course, we extended Microworlds for program animation.
With the help of a very sharp guy from LCS (20 years later I no longer
remember his name).