[GTALUG] One of the First Computer TV shows from the 80s.

James Knott james.knott at rogers.com
Sat Mar 26 16:23:59 UTC 2016

On 03/26/2016 01:27 PM, Digiital aka David wrote:
> Thought some might enjoy this, the older folks.
> This is BITS AND BYTES from TVO back in about 1983.
>
> This is likely for me the first spark that light my fire into the
> computer field.

Then you probably remember Jim Butterfield, who was a regular on TVO
back then.  I knew him from work at CNCP Telecommunications.  By 1983, I
had my own computer, an IMSAI 8080, for 7 years and worked as a computer
tech on the old "mini" computers, for 6.

Incidentally, a show I used to watch was "The Computer Chronicles" on
PBS.  Gary Killdall, the creator of CP/M, was a regular on that show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Butterfield
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMSAI_8080
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kildall
https://www.youtube.com/user/ComputerChroniclesYT