[GTALUG] email etiquette.

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com
Tue Mar 15 16:34:52 UTC 2016

This is one of the few mailing lists on which this seems to matter and
where it has been a recurring conversation.

I recall the persuasive arguments made by someone on this list, whose
name I don't recall, who uses a screen reader about the merits of top
posting, which is why I eliminated the original quoted message entirely
from my reply. Even if I have the opinion that bottom posting is more
logical, and I do, my opinion does not trump making what is really an
inconsequential accommodation on my part to include someone whose
assistive device favours top posting for various technical reasons that
really don't matter.

We can be right about this and justify how right we are by making all
sorts of great arguments, like not everyone uses a GUI client, and the
worst, "Those are the rules.", or be kind and accommodate those who use
screen readers. It's an easy choice for me.

We claim to care about being inclusive. Let's demonstrate that through
our actions.

--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay