[GTALUG] email etiquette.

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Tue Mar 15 16:02:34 UTC 2016

Hugh Redelmeier posted a message to the list about my posting replies at
the top of messages.

We have had a bit of a discussion offline about this but Hugh suggested
we take it back to the list and see what the feelings of others are.

My position is that posting at the top is most efficient and the easiest
for the reader.
As for clean up I agree that long email chains can become a pain
specially when answers are posted at the bottom.
I tend to clean up when the messages get to a couple of screens and
replace the removed section with [snip].

Hugh follows the ideas put forward in:

<http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html>

What do others think?

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (905)513-7688
alvin at netvel.net              ||