[GTALUG] Linux and Stereo Speaker Cables

James Knott james.knott at rogers.com
Sun Mar 13 18:34:22 UTC 2016

On 03/13/2016 05:45 PM, phiscock at ee.ryerson.ca wrote:
> A buddy of mine worked at one of the large electronics chains and talks of
> the incredible markup on cables and connectors. So stay away from the
> Consumer Electronics stores for those items.

A few years ago, while in Future Shop, I overheard a clerk tell a woman
she needed some expensive cables.  I told her she only needed the much
cheaper, basic cables that were on a different rack.  For some reason,
the clerk was a bit annoyed.  ;-)

I'm a bit leery of buying cables etc. at dollar stores.  While you may
get some good deals, you might also get garbage.