[GTALUG] Linux and Stereo Speaker Cables

Howard Gibson hgibson at eol.ca
Sun Mar 13 11:10:47 UTC 2016

Randy,

   I have mounted an old desktop  behind my TV to record my LPs.  Instead of connecting from the headphone jack, I went from the AUX OUT at the rear that would be used for a tape desk, if I had one.  I got a dramatic improvement in sound quality, compared to my headphone jack.  I do not know if this is due to wiring, or due to the fact that my stereo is 35_years old and I have never owned headphones.  The jack my be corroded.