[GTALUG] FDD/USB emulator

Zbigniew Koziol softquake at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 07:33:58 UTC 2016

Dears,

Did anyone around had anything with these?

Since FDD is commonly not used anymore and since there is still around a
lot of equipment using it some fine people come with the idea of
building a replacement for FDD that would emulate its functioning while
the data would be stored on USB pen drive. It is indeed a good idea: I
guess that a mass production of the device should be no more than around
20-50 $ while these units are sold for up to 500 US$ (in Poland up to
500 PLN, which is 4 times less). Where that is used? Very often still,
in programmable musical instruments and, first of all, in machines used
in industry. I am landed now at the National Center for Nuclear Research
near Warsaw, Poland. And I was given such a toy, a FDD/USB emulator
(EMUF-720F), for installing it in Robofill 200 machine which is used for
wire-cutting metal. I am fine with that. After some Internet searching I
know already, mostly, how to use it. With one exception: I do not know
how to boot the machine from that emulator.

Help is to be sincerely appreciated.
zb.

--
Zbigniew KozioĊ‚