[GTALUG] mysterious restarts

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:35:43 EDT 2016

On Jun 27, 2016 7:59 PM, "Michael Galea via talk" <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> On 06/26/16 10:39, Russell Reiter wrote:
<snip>
> Now, I have to say, if you have ANY experience with electric utilities I
would imagine you are positively laughing by now. When one utility CEO was
recently asked how they slept at night they replied "Just like a baby, I
sleep for two hours and then I cry until morning".

This is the dichotomy of private ownership of public utilities.

I rather liked your earlier comment along the line of; in order to break
even in an environment which squeezes out the small but innovative
operations, you would need to reuse/sell any excess heat generated.

On a side note, I believe there was a steam plant downtown which serviced
several commercial buildings for heating at one time. I think I also read
about a deep water shared cooling project here in the city but I haven't
heard anything lately.

I guess my point is that; blending technologies happens over time and
usually over the objections of the for profit status quo.