[GTALUG] mysterious restarts

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:38:10 EDT 2016

On Jun 27, 2016 9:25 AM, "James Knott via talk" <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> On 06/27/2016 09:12 AM, Russell Reiter wrote:
> >

> > Wow you look a lot younger in your picture. :-)
> >

> I have long been interested in the history of telecommunications, an
> industry where I have spent most of my career.

My first contact with the electrical field, pardon the pun, was at the
Ontario Science Center in 1967 when it opened. Apparently I have the best
hair for demonstrating static electricity with a Van der Great generator.

I did it so often that my next real contact with the field was many years
later. One of the student demonstrators grounded out my butt with the
ground rod. Tasted like 30,000v @ 10kv/cm through air.

I was then invited to the staff Christmas party and was pied in with a
shaving cream pie as "one of the gang."