[GTALUG] mysterious restarts

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 11:46:45 EDT 2016

On Jun 26, 2016 10:52 AM, "James Knott" <james.knott at rogers.com> wrote:

<snip>
> 126V on top of the input DC voltage.  That will destroy the regulator
> and possibly whatever is being charged.  So, you will need some means of
> ensuring the regulator is not exposed to damaging high voltage.

I liked that he showed the work as a site case. He didn't say your mileage
may vary, but it's implied in the way he demonstrated the concept.

Probably it's best done by the un-initiated on a dry loop. Or are you
saying that a dry loop provides significantly less power for VOIP?

I don't know for sure myself. I always assume the last quarter mile is
analog, but that may have changed for newer condo and residential home
development.

Sent from mobile.