[GTALUG] mysterious restarts

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Wed Jun 22 12:46:53 EDT 2016

| From: Michael Galea via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

|  When I say 60.XX, its me thats truncating
| the digits (not the SEL)..

| From: Lennart Sorensen via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| So an average of 59.991435 for that sampling period.

Remember, he truncated the values (grep does not round).

My best guess:  the average of the readings would be from a
distribution centred on 59.996435 (0.005 larger than Lennart
calculated).  It could be as low as 59.991435 or as high as 60.991434,
assuming six digits of precision in the fraction.  I know nothing
about accuracy of the device.

from it.

P.S. "grep -c" eliminates the need for "wc -l".