[GTALUG] LinuxCon and ContainerCon in Toronto, August 22-24

ac ac at main.me
Wed Jun 22 01:38:29 EDT 2016

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 22:25:12 -0400
Kevin Cozens via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> On 16-06-21 05:52 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> > <http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/containercon/attend/register>
> > I just noticed (or re-noticed) that this is local.
> > But the registration price  (now US$950) means I won't be going.
> I wonder who they will have attending at that sort of price per
> ticket. It has been a long time since I was at a local Comdex, or one
> of the other computer industry tradeshows, that was either free, or
> about $50 if you registered at the door.
> > Microsoft is a Diamond Sponsor.  At that price, why do they need
> > sponsors?
> How times have changed? MS sponsoring a Linux event.

my leadership position in the 99% is solidly entrenched, the closest
I will come to seeing Linus T is to perv over some of his early code again :)

plus, I am not so sure that some/much/most container tech is sustainable there
are already newer (and faster/better/more cool) tech trends from our friends
in the east (who also leads in terms of processing and much other tech)

I will be missing the Linux in the park thingy, unfortunately - but will be there in spirit!

Does gtalug have any planned (free :) ) events/meetings in Toronto area in Sept or Oct sometime?

Andre