[GTALUG] Wireless routers

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jun 21 11:32:14 EDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 06:43:01PM -0400, William Park via talk wrote:
> I currently use
>     Asus RT-N66U
> which is still the best in wireless-N range.  I should have bought this,
> first.  But, I bought the second best
>     TP-LINK TL-WDR4300
> which became flaky after few years.
>
> I don't know about AC band.  I'd suspect Asus and TP-LINK is
> first/second place here also.

I picked up a WRT1900ACv2 on sale from NCIX recently.  Looks promising
although I am not done setting it up.  I figure I should put openwrt on
it before putting it in use.

Marvel Armada 385 dual 1.6GHz Cortex A9
512MB ram
128MB flash
4 antenna, 3 streams MIMO, dual band.
USB 3 port
USB 2/eSataP port
4 gigabit ethernet ports
No fan (unlike the v1).

Also known as the WRT1900ACS since apparently they realized after the
fact that making a v2 with different specs annoyed people.

--
Len Sorensen