[GTALUG] mysterious restarts

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso at utoronto.ca
Tue Jun 21 05:13:00 EDT 2016

On 2016-06-20 17:15, Kevin Cozens via talk wrote:
> On 16-06-18 07:58 PM, Michael Galea via talk wrote:
>> You know of course that the grid frequency is only approximately 60.00
>> hz.
>
> The short term accuracy of the grid frequency is poor. At any given
> moment in time will be close to 60Hz but may not be exactly 60Hz. On the
> other hand it has very good long term accuracy.

Someone shared this series of videos about emulating AC syncing between
generators a while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT1ySBc-Bls

Having watched that particular video, and seeing how out of phase
appears as a load to the other system was one of those lightbulb moments
for me.

As someone who doesn't have any electrical knowledge beyond basic
circuitry, I found it worth watching the whole set of videos again.

Cheers, Jamon