[GTALUG] Converting .pptx files to multiple .png

Myles Braithwaite me at mylesbraithwaite.com
Mon Jun 20 15:25:45 EDT 2016

Bob Jonkman via talk wrote:
> Hi: I've got a bunch of .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint) files that I'd
> like to convert to individual .png files for each slide, preferably
> where each step in a transition becomes its own .png file.

You can use unoconv[0] (a universal office converter that works with
anything that LibreOffice or OpenOffice support) to convert them to a
pdf file. Then use ImageMagick[1] to convert them to png files.

Here is a quick script (that probably doesn't work so don't blame me if
it fails) on how I would start doing it:
<https://gist.github.com/myles/3656ebcb3026b455d1b3be52d5bd3a58>.

Hope this helps.

[0]: <https://github.com/dagwieers/unoconv>
[1]: <http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php>