[GTALUG] mysterious restarts

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Jun 20 14:22:48 EDT 2016

Daniel writes:
> That's got to be a rough gig, APC trying to get people to upgrade
> their equipment

Perhaps not as bad as you think. Most places that need UPSes aren't
going to be downsizing their requirements, so having a trade-up
program will get those customers buying more APC equipment rather than
going to the competition.

I've done that -- during a server consolidation project we traded in
16 BackUPS units for one Matrix3000 unit (with additional $$$). We
might have gone to one of the other vendors, but this way we avoided
paying a disposal fee for the BackUPSes, and got a slight price break
on the Matrix3000 too.

- --Bob.