[GTALUG] War Story: for want of a nail...

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Jun 19 18:53:48 EDT 2016

| From: Mel Wilson via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| Home Hardware here (Bancroft) does that.  Such parts cost on the order
| of a dime each.  Maybe the one on College St. that absorbed
| Supremetronics?

I'm jealous.  I paid slightly more than a dime each, buying in bulk.
Each pack cost 2.97 (+ tax).

Apparently I've never before needed this size of machine screw
(otherwise I'd already have them).  So the packages will probably be
clutter for the rest of my life.

A trip to Bancroft would cost even more.  And I'd put it off until
July 28th (53rd Rockhound Gemboree).  And then I'd come home with rocks
that I'd clutter my house with.

<http://rockhoundgemboree.ca/>

(I do recommend the Gemboree although I haven't made it in a couple of
decades.  I still have rocks from there.  The field trips were great.)