[GTALUG] War Story: for want of a nail...

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Jun 19 17:39:53 EDT 2016

| - Then I notice the heat sink on the nvidia FeForce 8200 chipset was
|   askew.  And something was loose in the bottom of the case.

| I didn't know how to source the right nylon replacement posts.
| Instead, I used a pair of pairs of cable ties.

A couple of weeks later, the cable ties gave out.  I guess that they
don't like heat.

I went to Home Depot and found some nuts and machine screws to do the
job. 4-40 by 1 inch.  I just hope that they don't cause shorts.

I had to buy a pack of 26 screws and another of 28 nuts.  It is
interesting that those numbers are not equal.  I'd have to buy 13
boxes of nuts and 14 boxes of screws to have the same number of each.