[GTALUG] RJ45 crimper -- good ones?

ted leslie ted.leslie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 00:55:45 EDT 2016

15+ years ago i was looking at them, good ones were like 200$, i bought the
30-40$ type, because i wasn't spending 200$.
My company had the 200+$ type. If you are careful, i got the cheap type to
work 98% of the time. Easy enough to test, and cut of end and re-punch.
I found my cheap one doesn't always line up over the copper it presses down
perfectly, so just have to be aware of that, as well, it need a good amount
more
hand strength, as the good ones leverage well or have ratchet. So I
actually two hand with my cheap type. 200$ one can also be driven over by
car, and still work,
but not really a requirement I had for the home one :). Also didn't have
need for 4line punch and other options, just RJ45.
Also wonder, if the ends can have various qualities and compensate some
what.

-tl