[GTALUG] mysterious restarts

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Tue Jun 14 22:24:26 EDT 2016

Alvin Starr wrote:
> A lot of UPSs switch from the mains to battery once the power drops
> and that delay can be enough to cause some power supplies to lose
> enough power to fail

If that happens then your UPS is broken. The whole point of a UPS is
to supply *uninterruptable* power. Even the simplest pass-through
UPSes I know about can switch from line to battery in the space of a
single waveform (ie. within 1/60th of a second). Not much point in
having a UPS if it makes all your equipment reboot when the power goes
out.

- --Bob.

- --