[GTALUG] mysterious restarts

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 16:19:24 EDT 2016

Sent from mobile.
On Jun 14, 2016 4:01 PM, "Lennart Sorensen" <lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 02:58:49PM -0400, Russell Reiter via talk wrote:
> > You don't think that the TTC might be forward planning for 750V all
around?
> > Remember it was TTC staff I spoke to who told me the change was to
> > accommodate higher voltage.
>
> Well according to the published documents, the change is to handle
> higher current, not a change in voltage.  Also the changes are to make

Where does it say more amps and not more volts? I'm going by what the guys
doing the work told me.

I mean it is possible they were wrong but it is just as possible the
documentation you refer to is wrong.

Maybe they are going to increase voltage and current together. Line by line
as the new equipment is deployed.

However staff did say the new cars operate on a higher voltage. They can't
be wrong about that, it's their job to know these things.