[GTALUG] 40" 4k Philips Monitor for $699.95 at BestBuy, Jun. 8 and 9 only

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jun 14 10:16:43 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 05:36:58AM +0000, William Park via talk wrote:
> It's Asus H97-PLUS.  Checking the specs again, it can do 4096x2160 @24Hz.  I thought you need at least 60Hz?--William

Well 60Hz sure is nice, but if you are just doing text, maybe 340 or
even 24Hz is OK.  Many movies are only 24Hz after all, and a lot of TV
is only 30Hz (Sports heavy channels sometimes choose to use 1280x720
60Hz rather than 1920x1080 30Hz though).

Some people would find the mouse pointer responsiveness a bit odd at 30
or 24Hz, while others won't mind.  Might remind you of using a dual scan
laptop if you were ever that unfortunate.

I saw one review for the philips 40" 4k that says it really does support
24Hz operation and truly does display at 24Hz when you ask it to.
For watching movies that are natively recorded at 24Hz and stored on
blueray at 24Hz, some people really like that feature.  And I guess it
should mean it would work with that H97 board.

--
Len Sorensen