[GTALUG] OT: Cisco SP112 Vs Grandstream HT702

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.avery.frey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 00:05:05 EDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016, 11:32 Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> wrote:

> On June 11, 2016 7:27:18 AM AST, Ivan Avery Frey <
> ivan.avery.frey at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Cisco SP112 Vs Grandstream HT702
> >Which is the better VOIP adapter?
>
> Grandstream, hands down. The Cisco loses registration every few weeks and
> needs a power cycle (or a reset from the WebUI); the Grandstream is rock
> steady. Its WebUI looks primitive compared to the Cisco, but the Cisco's
> WebUI is too Javascripty for my liking, and sometimes just hangs, looking
> like it's trying to render a page.

Thanks Bob, turns out I don't need a new ATA. It was the power supply for
the Linksys PAP2T that failed. The specs on the ATA require 5V, 2A. Since
several USB chargers can provide that kind of power I purchased a USB to
Type N Barrel cable:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=1340_1418_1427&item_id=070354

and used this in conjunction with one of the many USB chargers I have.