[GTALUG] We are having DMARC/DKIM troubles ...

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 19:51:07 EDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 5:24 PM, CLIFFORD ILKAY
<clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com> wrote:
> On 11/06/16 11:19 AM, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
>
> If replies seem patchy, we've just had a bunch of people - mostly Yahoo
> and Rogers users - auto-kicked from the list due to DMARC. This is an
> ongoing pain for list admins. The reason given by Yahoo is this:

snip

> Email is dying a slow death. The alternatives, like Twitter direct
> messaging, Slack (ugh!), WhatsApp (double ugh!), and various instant
> messaging schemes are worse. Those will eventually be polluted by spammers,
> too.

Good point Cliff.

Question though - - - telephone is really just useless (voicemail with
a 4 day return time
is something I refuse to use), and with emails becoming less than
'good' what do you
see as a replacement for serious communication?

Regards

Dee