[GTALUG] 40" 4k Philips Monitor for $699.95 at BestBuy, Jun. 8 and 9 only

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu Jun 9 14:16:23 EDT 2016

| From: CLIFFORD ILKAY <clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com>

| > Is well worth the money! The monitor is sooooo bit, that you have to really
| > move eyes, or even turn head a bit, so certainly I doubt i would ever
| > want bigger, accept that in having this monitor, I can now REALLY see the
| > attraction of a curved monitor.
|
| I have had to fine-tune the distance of the monitor to find the sweet spot
| between having to move around to see the edges and being able to focus with my
| reading glasses. More fine-tuning with the prescription of reading glasses may
| help.

Yes.

I normally use glasses with progressive lenses (the same idea as
bifocals but).  These don't work well with my monitor: I have to tilt
and twist my head too much.

For using monitors, I got a prescription from my optometrist for
fixed-focus lenses, optimized for the distance between my eyes and the
monitor (I measured it before he wrote the prescription).  This is
well worth the cost.  Really.