[GTALUG] hello community

ac ac at main.me
Sun Jun 5 03:38:24 EDT 2016

thank you for the off list replies, welcome messages, etc.

I look forward to contributing and being part of this community

My name is Andre Coetzee, I am a linux sysadmin, coder, tinkerer, new
tech innovator wannabe. I am controversial mainly because I am direct
(not so much of a BOFH as I claim to be)
I firmly believe:
in Linux and the Linux philosophy and family (http://south.me)
I know:
that people are messy, that there is black, white and a lot of grey,
that life is very very short. I love life.

I joined this group as I am a future expat, my wife's family is in
the US and mine in Toronto. I am in love with the idea of America and
the American dream and the US Constitution (and have actually
contributed to Wikipedia on improving the accuracy of the
constitutional amendments) The US diversity and strength of
the people of the USA is magnetic.

I love the Canadian people, the duality of the Canadian culture and
I am firmly convinced that the Canadian people are the greatest people
on the planet.

my favorite things are C, PHP, Python, Bash, Maria, PostgreSQL, Apache,
Exim, Postfix, Sendmail, Bind, DNS, I meddle in Java, C#, hadoop, asm
and a few other things

I work at an ISP, sysadmin, abuse, support, develop systems (like EPP
domain registration, etc) also develop anti abuse system tech
(spam/phish/bots) using limited AI with distributed node design,
I am involved with RIPE, SpamCop.net and of course SpamID.net
and Ascams.com, and have many new and interesting ventures,
some which are open and free and some to make money.

and that, I guess, is me :)

Andre