[GTALUG] pulling the plug on home phone

James Knott james.knott at rogers.com
Thu Jun 2 17:01:17 EDT 2016

On 06/02/2016 04:47 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On the other hand there are 2^56 of those to go around, so is it really
> a waste?  Some would say that NOT handing them out would be a waste.

As I mentioned earlier, it's possible to give everyone on earth more
than 4K /48s.

Actually, we have to get away from the idea of IP addresses as a limited
resource.  There are reasons why people need more than one /64.  I
already mentioned guest networks.  Cars, in the U.S. can already provide
a /64 for occupants.