[GTALUG] Used computers

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 22:56:50 EDT 2016

To the OP: You might also consider TechSource, http://techsourcecanada.ca/

They remind me a lot of how Factory Direct used to be (less the wall of
O'Reilly books, that is). Their website is utterly crap, but their
Kennedy location has piles of used computers from Chromebooks up to
colossal multi-Xeon Dell workstations. The prices seem variable, from
quite decent to alarmingly high. I think they might be open to haggling.
Machines are mostly Dell, with some compact desktops from Lenovo and
ThinkPads too.

I was in to score a dual display portable DVD player, which local
retrocomputing nerds have discovered that the units can act as tiny
PAL/NTSC composite monitors.

On 2016-06-01 02:24 PM, Karen Lewellen wrote:

>  While I cannot say with 100% firmness...not sure to what you are
> referring, I believe that issue was corrected by creating the
> trashnothing.com door.

The original Freecyle group in Toronto collapsed in a mess of bickering
about a decade ago, shortly after the central Freecycle org tried (and
failed) to strongarm everyone to a commercial model. Posting multiple
items in an e-mail would get you temporarily blocked, with tens to
hundreds of people sending you scolding e-mails. Every post would
generate many auto-replies in an attempt to get first refusal on all
items. It was a mess.

cheers,
 Stewart