[GTALUG] pulling the plug on home phone

James Knott james.knott at rogers.com
Wed Jun 1 17:50:20 EDT 2016

On 06/01/2016 05:14 PM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> So rogers has a pretty good deal 90 a month for internet, phone, TV
> for 2 years.
>
> I pay more than that for my home phone alone.
>
> Any horror stories using rogers for internet. I have my own voip phone
> so I'm not so worried about LD

I've been using Rogers phone, cell phone, internet & TV for many years.
My "horror" stories are reserved for that piece of garbage that
currently passes for a user interface on the PVR.  My internet works
well and I generally get better bandwidth than I pay for.  They're also
providing IPv6 now.  My phone has been rock solid, no issues with it
either.  In fact, the first thing I noticed, after switching from Bell,
was the superior call quality.  What I would like them to do, which can
be accomplished with some VoIP providers, is integration of home and
cell phones, so that my cell phone could be an extension of my home phone.