[GTALUG] gmane.org gone, at least for now

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Jul 31 10:01:01 EDT 2016

gmane is an archive of all sorts of mailing lists / news groups.  It made
threads visible on the web.

<https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2016/07/28/the-end-of-gmane/>

This blog entry by the guy who ran it explains why it is down.

I have several browser tabs that are now 404s.  The wayback machine will
work in a pinch: give it a gmane URL and a date and it should find the
content.  Here's the only one that I've tried:
<https://web.archive.org/web/20150727001119/http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/110579>

BTW, this link is to discussion of a problem that I'm having.  My Fujitsu
Scansnap ix500 won't work when plugged into a USB 3 port on Linux.  Very
odd.  This report is two years old and the problem persists.