[GTALUG] Advice -- Building Debian 8 PC To Replace Win XP PC;

ac ac at main.me
Fri Jul 29 00:13:58 EDT 2016

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 10:09:41 -0400
Mike via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 9:49 AM, ac via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> WordPerfect was so the best, (so was playing with lantastic and
> > arcnet :) ),
> >
> Arcnet? Sheesh. Towards the end of Arcnet's tenure, we had become so
> tired of the flakiness that we had soldered the twisted pair to all
> the network cards.  If you wanted to move a machine, you unplugged
> the arcnet card and left it hanging at the desk.

whahaha, I remember that! What I did mean though is that there was no
Duckduckgo and solving something was a different type of cool and
interesting, I have not yet started playing with Raspberry Pi so I have
sooo much to look froward to (and my python fu is strong)

seriously though, WordPerfect was supercool, i need to ask duckduckgo
what happened to it sometime...

Andre